Hello Friends, Here are 2 recipes I regularly use when I need a delicious meal and dessert ready in a little over an hour with only ~20 minutes hands-on time. The dessert can easily be made vegan and/or soy free using the suggestions in the recipe. The dinner pie is lact-ovo vegetarian. Enjoy! -Renee
Super Easy Cheeseburger Dinner Pie
This is adapted from an old Bisquick recipe my husband used to make all the time in our newlywed years.
4 regular Boca burgers, crumbled (or 3/4 bag Boca crumbles)
1 medium onion or 3 cloves garlic, grated
½ TSP sea salt
6 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup baking mix [or 1 cup unbleached flour + 1 TSP baking powder]
1 ¼ cup soy milk
2 large eggs
- Crumble thawed Boca burger or 3/4 bag of Boca crumbles and brown in either onion or garlic.
- Spray the dish/pan with cooking spray. Spread browned crumbles in a 9x12 glass dish or a glass pie plate or a muffin pan.
- Sprinkle cheese on top (if using muffin pans, the Boca & cheese should be no more than half the muffin cup volume).
- Mix other ingredients and pour on top.
- Bake 25-30 minutes at 400 degrees.
- A very easy, versatile, kid friendly dish that can be placed in a pie plate and sliced like a pizza/quiche or doubled and placed in a larger glass dish and cut into squares or place in muffin pans for fun on-the-go eating. Great colorful meal when served with a side of steamed green vegetables and fresh fruit.
I experimented with 2 other recipes I found online but none of them compare to this simple recipe my aunt showed me in my grandma’s old, old falling-apart recipe book. Great with fresh or canned peaches. A great way to use some excess fresh peaches that do not taste the best. My mother hates cooked fruit but she loves this peach cobbler recipe! Enjoy.
2 cups fresh peaches (or 2 cans peaches in 100% fruit juice, sliced & drained)
1 stick butter or 1 vegan Earth Balance stick
1 cup unbleached flour
2 TSP baking powder
1 cup soy or coconut milk
2 cups raw sugar ( or agave nectar)
9x12 glass baking dish
- Set oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare peaches with 1 cup sugar or 3/4 cup agave nectar and set aside in a bowl.
- Put butter or Earth Balance stick in the baking dish to melt in the oven.
- Stir up batter of 1 cup sugar (or 3/4 cup agave nectar), flour, baking powder, salt and milk.
- Pour batter over melted butter
- Spread sweetened peaches on top.
- Bake for 50 min to 1 hour.
- Serve warm for a comforting, delicious treat.