Happy New Year. I cannot believe it is almost February, the Love month. Since many of us have made a New Year plan to do better for our health, I was excited to come across these great printable coupons related to YAAH foods (pronounced “yeah!”; YAAH= yummy-affordable-available-healthy). Find these health jewels in your regular grocery store.
1. Ronzoni pasta coupons. Whole grain pasta that does not taste like it. A great source of fiber and you get the same great taste as regular pasta.
2. $1 of Silk soymilk half gallon size. Want fluffier pancakes and cornbread: use soy milk instead of regular milk and enjoy. YUM!
3. $0.75 off Mom's Best Naturals cereals. No preservatives or artificial colors or flavors; great cold cereals such as cinnamon toasted squares; delicious oatmeal.
4. $1 off Maranatha nut butters and a chance to win a year's supply of nut butters. When I did it my coupon printed at $2 off any 1. They also have a great tahini you can use to make delicious hummus or vegan gravy.
5. $25 in natural and organic information and printable e-coupons from Mambo Sprouts. Many items are now sold in regular grocery stores such as Lightlife Foods (delicious non-GMO soy vegetarian meat substitutes found in the produce or dairy section), Celestial Seasonings herbal teas, Rice Select whole grain rices, and my favorite Stoneyfield organic Greek yogurt.
6. Take the pledge to be a healthier you by cooking with tofu once a week for one month. Pledge to enroll in Tofu U and get an instant Nasoya couponto get started. Plus, receive weekly coupons for one month in your inbox to help you stay motivated.
Here is one of my favorite tofu recipes I use when letting people taste tofu for the first time.
Renee’s Italian Tofu
8oz extra firm tofu
Reduced sodium teriyaki sauce
- Slice extra firm tofu into 1-2cm thick pieces.
- Lay in a single layer on a pan. Pour reduced sodium teriyaki sauce on top and marinate in the fridge overnight
- Remove the marinated tofu and place between a towel to blot out the moisture. Press firmly to compact the tofu into a denser piece. You may then place the strips in the freezer for 30-60minutes to make the next part easier.
- Batter the blotted, pressed tofu in Italian breadcrumbs.
- Place in a pan coated with olive oil and brown lightly or place on an olive oil coated pan and bake in the oven until browned.
- Serve over whole grain pasta and spaghetti sauce. This is a great way to introduce tofu in a way the whole family will be willing to try.
The Take Back Tour is the health ministry of the Philadelphia SDA Church in Burlington, NC.
"Many times when we are sick, we pray to God for healing.
Sometimes, the miracle of healing is the miracle of our obedience."
- Renee Lea-Currie, Ph.D., www.thetakebacktour.com