I want to offer a special thank you to all my taste testers: Aunt Ann, my church family and my work mates for your honest feedback and for scraping every last morsel from my dish to make cleaning easier.
4 cups sliced peaches FRESH or FROZEN
¾ cups sugar or peaches (cane, organic, or coconut sugar work well)
2 cups Coconut Milk- canned full fat * See notes below
2 cups unbleached flour (King Arthur’s or Bob’s Red Mill)
¾ cups sugar for crust
~1/4 TSP EXTRA FINE GROUND Himalayan pink salt
3 TSP Aluminum-free Baking powder
1 and ½ sticks Country Crock Plant Based sticks- Olive Oil
10x13 inch glass dish
*I use Sprouts canned unsweetened coconut milk. Pour “milk” in dish then add water to can and mix. This gives the perfect consistency for baking
- Place 1 and ½ sticks in the dish and place in preheated oven oven to melt
- If using frozen peaches allow to thaw. Slice any too large pieces so all peach pieces are uniform in thickness
- Add ¾ cup sugar to peaches and stir. Set aside while crust is completed
- Next, mix flour, baking soda, salt and ¾ cup sugar. Blend well with hand mixer or whisk
- Using a potholder, remove baking dish from oven and pour the crust mixture on top. Smooth using a spatula to evenly distribute
- Place peaches on top of the crust mixture evenly spaced.
- Bake at 375°F for 55-65 minutes, depending on your preference
- Hold yourself back from eating it while it is still too hot.
- It is best served warm. If you prefer add a side of NadaMoo! organic vegan Vanilla Ahh!.