There are daily news reports about how good omega-3 fats are for your heart, for lowering cholesterol, for your brain ( hello memory) and that you should get more omega-3 than omega-6 fats. But did you know that both omega-6 and omega-3 are essential fats (essential in this case means your body cannot make it and you must eat it) and make a great way to enhance your outside beauty too. It is important to get more omega-3. What does this mean? This means we should limit the omega-6 fat sources such as corn oil and cottonseed oil (vegetable oil= cottonseed and/or soybean oil) in favor of omega-3 sources.
Good sources of omega-3 fats are fatty fish such as salmon, fish oil supplements, walnuts and flax seeds. A great way to easily add more omega-3 to your lifestyle is to add ground flax seed to your cereal, oatmeal, breads, pasta, eggs (scrambled works great) or smoothies. It also makes a great facial scrub/moisturizer. Flax seed oil can be added to your foods as well. I also find that flax oil makes a great skin moisturizer and hair de-frizzer. I like to mix flax oil with pure raw shea butter for a skin and hair softening miracle. If it can tame my afro it can tame ANYTHING!
See below for some freebies, coupons and samples to help you get started or keep going to improve your health from the inside and outside with healthy fats. Don’t forget to share this information with others so that we all can have the blessings of good health, beautiful hair and skin and a strong mind to enjoy it.
1. For a FREE sample and $2 off coupon for Barleans Omega Swirl smoothie supplement, visit Barleans.com or email to firstname.lastname@example.org Use code HL16-3
2. Free sample Sundown Naturals fish oil supplement. Click on the recipe box for great vegetarian , budget-friendly or gluten-free recipes https://www.sundownnaturals.com/promo/index.aspx
1. Sign up at https://www.sundownnaturals.com/promo/index.aspx to get a $0.50 off coupon for Lou Ana oils. Go for the safflower or coconut oils for these dual duty cooking delights and skin healers.
2. $1 off coupon for Pompeian grapeseed oil or olive oil. Kroger has the grapeseed oil on sale for only $5.99 http://www.pompeian.com/
16.9 oz. Filipo Berio olive oil on sale $3.99 until Sat 3/10/12. Go to http://filippoberio.com to print off $1 off coupon. Final price: $3
Lowes Foods deals
1. Morningstar Farms vegetarian meat analog products on sale $3 each
2. Sundown Naturals vitamins, supplements ( fish oil, flax oil) and tea tree oil are Buy 1 Get 1 FREE. The tea tree oil is $9.99.