Time to Take Back healthy food again! This past weekend in my Sabbath School class we talked about how Joseph saved Egypt when he suggested that they store the grains during the 7 years of plenty so that they could weather the famine years. Me and my 7-9 year olds focused on answering the questions WHAT ARE GRAIN FOODS? ARE THEY THAT IMPORTANT?
We know whole grains form the basis of the food pyramid, are good for us in their natural state and are used to make our favorite foods such as pasta and bread. But what are they and how can I eat more? Cereal grains are actually grasses used for their edible seeds. Some cereal grains used to make some of our favorite comfort foods like bread, pasta, tortillas, etc. include the well known wheat, rice, oatmeal, rye, barley, buckwheat, millet, and corn as well as the lesser known quinoa (pronounced keen-wa) and flax. In their whole form, they are a great source of vitamins, minerals, good fats and protein. Use the coupons below to add more WHOLE GRAINS to your family's life. As always, I only choose to share products that taste great and are natural/ minimally processed for your enjoyment. In fact, the taste is so great you won't even miss the bleached white carbohydrate processed-cancer-inducing products you have eaten in the past. YAAH !!!(YAAH= Yummy-Affordable-Available-Healthy)
Don't forget to share the LOVE TODAY! Take Back your loved one's health.
Sucker-free quick shopping tip: If the package states "Made with whole grains" but there is less than 2g fiber per serving- PUT IT BACK!
1. Choose a FREE Kashi snack. I learn the names of grain every time I read a Kashi ingredient label. I love the taste of their 7 whole grains in their products. Kids do too so put them some in their lunches.
2. $1 off Quaker oatmeal. Food Lion has Quaker oatmeal on sale for $2.50 this week.
3. $1 off any 2 Earths Best Sesame Street products. These products include whole grain crackers, cereals and cereal bars geared for toddlers but they taste great for all ages. Target also has the Earth's Best 3'pk organic 2% milk singles for $2.69 that makes a great on-the-go breakfast with a bowl of whole grain cereal. These come with a great bendable straw for mess-free enjoyment. [can you tell I have small children-LOL]
4. $1 off Ronzoni Healthy Harvest whole grain pasta. I can't taste the difference and I get more fiber. http://ronzonihealthyharvest.newworldpasta.com/pasta_coupon.cfm
5. $0.75 off better oats coupon. I get mine from Lowes Foods where they are only $1.19 per pack of 5. They also have a raw and organic version. Get your whole grains.
6. Print a coupon for $1 off Arrowhead Mills gluten-free products. This is a Smart source coupon you can print twice. Even if you are not gluten sensitive, these products are a great way to enjoy whole grains without loss of great taste.
Go to http://www.arrowheadmills.com/ and click on the link at the bottom
7. $0.55 off any Enjoy Life product. Enjoygluten-free, dairy-free, peanut-free, tree-nut free, soy free, egg free and casein-free http://www.enjoylifefoods.com/
The Take Back Tour is a health ministry of the Philadelphia 7th Day Adventist Church in Burlington, NC www.thetakebacktour.com E-mail questions to: email@example.com
"Many times when we are sick,we pray to God for healing.
Sometimes, the miracle of healing is the miracle of our obedience."
- Renee Lea-Currie, Ph.D., www.thetakebacktour.com