Whether your new year’s resolution is to eat more whole grains, start eating breakfast, eat breakfast more often, eat less at night, loose weight, save money or look better- STOP as you are at the right place to find these things. It is FINALLY starting to get cold in North Carolina this week so I enjoy a bowl of whole grain oatmeal for my “dinner”. I find oatmeal a comfort food naturally high in fiber, protein, and heart healthy fatty acids that tastes great.
The kids are I are experimenting with more recipes so stay tuned for more kid friendly recipes. As always I will share the recipes, tips and YAAH (Yummy Affordable Available Healthy) deals I find so we can all live healthier, look better and feel better this year. Take Back Your Life!
Enjoy and don’t forget to share the good news deals with others.
1. Here are some great tools to use for meal ideas, going vegan ideas or simply some realistic ways to incorporate more vegetarian meals in your life this year. Also check out the downloadable brochure on School Lunch vegetarian ideas for kid lunch ideas.
2. I just discovered a great vegetarian meal idea for the kid’s lunches. Sandwiches made with vegetarian bologna from Yves or Lightlife Foods. Find these in the refrigerated produce section of your local Food Lion, Harris-Teeter, Kroger or Wal-mart SuperCenter or Super Target stores. I love the Yves bologna as it is only ~$3 at Wal-Mart or Whole Foods. Check out http://www.yvesveggie.com for some recipe ideas sure to please everyone.
3. $2 and $1 off any Spectrum oils and $1 off any Spectrum Essentials product. Go for the Organic shortening made with 100% palm fruit oil for trans fat free baking. It is vegan too. The flax seed oil makes a great hair and skin moisturizer. The ground flax seed is a great source of heart healthy omega- fatty acids and can be used to make “flax eggs”, a great alternative to eggs in recipes that really does work. [You know I tried it on my banana bread-Yummy] One egg =1 tablespoon ground flax seed plus 3 tablespoons water.
4. Join the email list with this short form to receive $1 off any Woodstock Farms product! Wow! Coupons for organic and non-GMO vegetables and condiments. Find the frozen vegetable and fruit products at stores like Whole Foods, your local co-op health food store and Food Lion stores.
5. Visit coupons.com to print great coupons for whole grains at your local grocery store, Wal-mart or Target stores.
$1 off Kashi Go Lean
$1 off McCann’s Irish oatmeal products
$1 off any Bear Naked granola product
$1 off any Arrowhead Mills breakfast product (they have great gluten-free mixes too)
The Take Back Tour = Take Back your Health-Take Back the Love-Take Back the Fun-Take Back your Faith. It is the Health ministry of the Philadelphia 7th Day Adventist Church in Burlington, NC. Email questions to takebacktour@yahoo,com. Feedback & testimonies are appreciated.