Most of you may know, but the USDA has replaced the old food pyramid idea for healthy eating with the MyPlate.gov (make half your plate fruit and vegetables). I just found a vegan version of the MyPlate for those either trying the vegan or vegetarian lifestyle, or are dairy intolerant or simply want more non-meat protein meal ideas. The Vegetarian Resource Group has a great printable color poster, a coloring page for the kids, and some tasty looking recipes with ingredients I have at home. I am excited to try the chickpea burgers recipe and others at home with the kids this weekend.
Here are some deals to make the MyPlate.gov or the My Vegan Plate work for you to loose weight and feel and look great.
-Emerald natural almonds or almonds/walnuts 100 calorie packs only $2 for a pack of 7 bags [portion controlled protein, omega 3 fatty acids and fiber] Prices good until Sat. 1/28/12. Avoid the cocoa or cinnamon roast versions as they contain artificial sweeteners
- Stubb's barbeque sauce $2.29 Great for BBQ tofu or BBQ baked beans
Target, Wal-mart everyday prices
-GoGo Squeeze applesauce $2.29/4 pack [a yummy fruit serving for lunches or on the go eating]
- Uncle Ben's whole grain brown rice, single microwave servings only $1 each. Use the $1 off any 2 UB brown rice coupon at www.coupons.com to get 2 for the price of 1.
- Uncle Ben's whole grain brown rice, Fast & Natural, $1.99. I like this as it is pre-cooked a bit to make fluffy brown rice that does not take long to cook. It is also good if you are transitioning from white to brown rice to help adjust to the texture and taste.
- Mom's Best Natural cereals or oatmeal $1.49 each! [yummy whole grain]
- Bolthouse Farms 16 oz smoothies are Buy1 Get1 FREE. These are a tasty way to get 3-3.75 servings of fruits & vegetables on the go!
- Cascadian Farms frozen organic potatoes and organic vegetables only $1.99 each
- Blue Diamond 32 oz shelf stable almond milk $1.99 each. I have also found $0.55 off blinkie coupons nearby to make this an even better deal. I now use almond milk in all my baking.
- Organic Anjou pears $1.49 per pound
- strawberries $2.50 per pack
-Wonderful Pistachios $3.50 per bag
As always, pleas share this information and these deals with others.
"Many times when we are sick, we pray to God for healing.
Sometimes, the miracle of healing is the miracle of our obedience."- Renee Lea-Currie, Ph.D.
In order to change we must be sick and tired of being sick and tired. -Author Unknown