Here is a KARR (kid approved real recipe) featuring egg-less cornbread recipe. My kids loved this cornbread. As a southern lady and cornbread connoisseur myself, I can also attest to the great taste of this cornbread. We had this recipe at the home of one of our church friends. My son managed to bring some home with us to enjoy later. Whether you are vegan and want a great cornbread recipe or just want some cornbread and realize you ran out of eggs, this recipe is sure to please. Enjoy.
1 1/2 CUPS SOY OR ALMOND MILK
1 1/2 TBS. APPLE CIDER VINEGAR (CAN USE ANY KIND OF VINEGAR)
1 CUP CORNMEAL
1 CUP UNBLEACHED OR WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR
2 TBSP SUGAR
3/4 TSP. SALT
1 TSP BAKING POWDER
1/2 TSP. BAKING SODA
2 TBSP OLIVE OIL
BUTTER OR SOY MARGARINE
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 425 DEGREES F.
- COMBINE MILK AND VINEGAR AND LET STAND WHILE MIXING DRY INGREDIENTS IN A LARGE BOWL
- ADD THE MILK/VINEGAR MIXTURE AND THE OIL INTO THE BOWL OF DRY INGREDIENTS AND STIR. (SOMETIMES I ADD ABOUT 1/4 CUP MORE OF MILK BECAUSE I USE WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR)
- POUR THE BATTER INTO LIGHTLY GREASED 9 INCH BAKING DISH OR IRON SKILLET
- BAKE 25 TO 30 MINUTES UNTIL TOOTHPICK INSERTED IN CENTER OF BREAD COMES OUT CLEAN
- TOP WARM CORNBREAD WITH BUTTER OR SOY MARGARINE OF YOUR CHOICE.
Stay tuned as I try some new recipes this weekend I hope to share (ONLY IF THEY TASTE GREAT).