My Mama always said I drove her crazy with my very frequent use of the question "WHY". I guess I was born to be a scientist and question things. As we approach the Easter holiday and all the Spring and Easter themed egg hunts/parties/festivities filled with artificially colored and flavored poison junk to "treat" our kids, we should STOP and THINK and ASK about what they are actually consuming and YEARN for the truth. STOP: Can you pronounce the ingredients? THINK: Why do we feel like parents are weird or too strict for "depriving" children of artificially colored and flavored candy and junk? Why don't we think twice about being lulled in by the marketing ploys aimed at our children and give in to their requests for brightly colored boxes with only the outside image of real food? ASK: Why don't we believe real natural foods taste as good as junk food? Has something happened to our perception of what is quality and real that we can no longer discern what is good anymore? Do we actually believe than mere humans can invent better food for us and our children than our Creator? Well, here are some FREE online games and free health related stuff to help educate both us and our kids about real foods again. Enjoy and S.T.A.Y. for truth [Stop-Think-Ask-Yearn] so your children will never ASK you "Why didn't you teach me how to be live healthy?"
1. Online educational nutrition games for kids ( and kids at heart)
2. FoodPlay Productions. Includes online games and fun printable games
3. Free Horton activity book from Energy Star
4. Free Organic Valley activity flyer. Also includes great coupons
5. Free Word search creator. I use it a lot to create word searches with the names of kids at church or in my class to make learning fun or with whatever health/nutrition topic I am discussing for a church bulletin insert. I find teens and adults pay attention more and retain the information better as many people LOVE word searches.
It’s Baaaaack!! Wellness Walk 5 on May 2, 2009, Burlington , NC . Free food, coupons, real world health information, prizes, free samples, fun. For more details contact Dr. Renee Lea-Currie at takebacktour@ yahoo.com.
The Take Back Tour is a health ministry of the Philadelphia Seventh Day Adventist Church in Burlington , NC in the United States . E-mail any questions to takebacktour@ yahoo.com http://health. groups.yahoo. com/group/ takebacktour/ for our archives
A smile will gain you ten more years of life.
Renee Lea-Currie, Ph.D.
Renee Lea-Currie, Ph.D.