Please read and share this recall information as someone may still have these lurking in their freezers.
1. Cascadian Farms Organic Cut Green Beans recalled for Listeria monocytogenes. This voluntary recall is limited to 10-ounce bags of frozen Cascadian Farm Cut Green Beans with either of two “Better If Used By” dates printed on the package: 10APR2016 or 11APR2016
2. Oscar Mayer Turkey Bacon “Smoked Cured Turkey Chopped and Formed” (48-ounce cardboard boxes containing four plastic wrapped packages) with the plant number P-9070, the line number RS19, and Product UPC 0 7187154879 3. It has “Best When Used By” dates of Sept. 3, 2015, through Oct. 30, 2015. It’s considered a “Class II” recall, meaning “This is a health hazard situation where there is a remote probability of adverse health consequences from the use of the product,” according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture. If you have questions about the recall, call the Kraft Heinz Consumer Relations Center at 800-278-3403.
3. Almost 2 million pounds of Aspen frozen, raw and breaded chicken products were also recalled in July 2015 as it “may be contaminated with salmonella”. Translation: DO NOT EAT. This was the same week another recall for chicken products was issued. The Aspen products may be labeled under the following brands:
- Antioch Farms
- Buckley Farms
- Centrella Signature
- Chestnut Farms
- Family Favorites
- Kirkwood (Costco)
- Koch Foods
- Market Day
- Oven Cravers
- Rosebud Farm
- Safeway Kitchens
4. On an alternative positive note:
- Morningstar Farms meatless products are still on sale at Target for $3.50 until Saturday Aug. 29
- You may also find Gardein meatless non-GMO products at Target, Wal-mart and most grocery stores in the freezer section.
- You may find Lightlife Foods, and Yves meatless, vegan, non-GMO products in the refrigerated section near the produce at Target, Wal-mart and most grocery stores.
- Lightlife meatless bologna is on sale at Kroger for only $2.69.
- Recipes for yummy oatmeal burgers or chickpea loaf can be found under the KARR ( Kid Approved Real Recipes) tab at www.thetakebacktour.com