Have you ever run
out of laundry detergent or cleaner, but have
household members with sensitive skin, eczema or respiratory problems and
don’t have enough
money to buy a natural/organic brand! Well look no further than this simple 3-in-One recipe to make your own.
There are even some recent coupons to make it even cheaper.
Go to www.coupons.com for some great coupons for natural
household items and yummy seasoning.
$0.25 off any two 2lb or smaller Arm & Hammer Baking Soda
$0.50 off Goya Adobo seasoning. [Be sure to get the MSG free version]
$1 off any pack Energizer batteries
Simple 3-In-One Cleaner ( Laundry + dishwasher+ cleaner)
¼ cup Seventh Generation Free & Clear dishwashing liquid or
unscented Dr Bronner’s liquid soap
½ cup salt
1 cup baking soda
½ cup water
Stir to mix well each time you use. You can scale up as needed for larger batches.
You can also add your favorite essential oil for scent. I love peppermint. I prefer to make it with lemon if I want to use the batch in the dishwasher too. I don't want my dishes smelling like peppermint.
1. Use ¼ cup to wash a full load of clothes. This small batch = 8-10 loads. OR
2. Use as needed to fill up your dishwasher OR
3. Use as needed to clean the bathroom without a lot of scrubbing
Works great with: Homemade Fabric Softener
1. Add equal amounts of baking soda, white vinegar and water to a container.
Add slowly as baking soda and vinegar will react.
2. Add a few drops of your favorite essential oil such as peppermint or lemon for natural scent.
3. Shake to mix. Vent container. Keep closed until use.
4. Shake to mix each time you use (the baking soda will settle to the bottom) and vent.
5. Use ½ cup for each full laundry load.
Used together, you can reduce the fragrance chemical sensitivity and spare your skin and lungs stress. Don’t settle for
cheap brand products when you can make your own
versions quickly and inexpensively.
Enjoy and share.