I can't believe this is the third October I have been sharing No Fake Food tidbits!!! WOW!! I thought I would share some shopping healthy tidbits to save you time, sickness, heartache and money that I recently have been only verbally sharing with others.
1. DRINKS: If the words "cocktail" or "drink" occur on the label, do not bother reading the ingredients as it will mostly be corn syrup or sugar water. Leave it on the shelf.
2. SNACKS: If the word "snacks" occurs on the front label, it is fake. For example, Brach's, Mott's and Welch's all have all natural fruit snacks made with real fruit juice. The word "snack" means it will contain gelatin (remember from pig slaughterhouse waste animal hides-) or sugar or corn syrup. Even if it is the version without artificial colors, it is still fake and will not be real fruit. Welch's does make a delicious dried fruit product that is very good, packaged in a fun way and my kids and I love it.
3. "MADE WITH..." Beware "Made with Whole Grains" advertising claims on the front of some packages. If you see this claim, and turn it over and the first ingredient is enriched flour bleached or bleached enriched flour, leave it on the shelf. Bleached flour is just that- nutritionally poor flour that has had bleach added to make it appealing to us.
Beware "Made With Real Fruit Juice" claims. If you see this claim, don't touch it as it will be only 6-30% fruit juice and 94-70% water and cheap synthetic ingredients.
4. "25% Less..." BEWARE 25% less sugar products as they are frequently laden with artificial sweeteners, preservatives and/or colors, extra sodium or fat to make up for the taste. BEWARE 25% less fat products as they frequently contain extra artificial sweeteners, sugar, preservatives and/or colors, MSG or extra sodium to make up for the taste.
5. "TRANS FAT FREE": This is the biggest deceiver ever! By law, a product can be labeled trans fat free as long as it contains less than 0.5g per serving. So, companies decrease the serving size on the label. If you see the words "partially hydrogenated", "hydrogenated”, or "interesterified", put it back and run away scared. See more fat tips at: http://www.thetakebacktour.com/uploads/2/1/3/8/2138124/tbt_brochure_take_back_fats_10_things.pdf
Here are some great new printable coupon sites and a freebie. BEWARE as you search to find the best REAL deals on REAL foods. BEWARE fake products pretending to be food. Exercise your wrist flip maneuver. FLIP over the package and read the ingredients list.
Southern Savers is a great site for printable coupons and upcoming local grocery deals to help you plan your al mo st free shopping for REAL foods.
Ronzoni pasta coupons plus a chance to win free groceries for a year! REAL whole grains, lots of fiber and great "normal pasta" taste.
10 FREE ovulation or pregnancy tests. I thought I would share as you may know someone that could use it.
Email questions to: email@example.com