Finding healthy on-the-go foods be challenging when you are a picky eater like me or have a child with severe nut allergies. Here are 2 great kid-friendly NUT FREE, GLUTEN FREE recipes my friend Latoya C. shared. These would make some great affordable healthy back-to-school lunch ideas for the whole family Getting 5 A Day is easy this way!. Enjoy.
Renee and Latoya
1. Mix 5 cups broccoli florets, 2 tbsp. light balsamic vinaigrette, 1 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees, lightly mist baking sheet with olive oil spray.
3. Arrange the broccoli in a single layer, and bake for 12 to 15 min or until crispy.
Nut-free Popcorn trail mix
- Use an air popper to pop some popcorn according to manufacturer’s instructions. If not available, use any brand Natural Microwave popcorn. [popcorn is a whole grain]
- While still warm, pour into a bowl and add 2 dashes of sea salt and 2 TSP Best Life buttery spread, homemade butter or Spectrum vegan butter flavor shortening (Best Life and Spectrum shortening are mainly palm fruit oil so they contain no trans fats)
- Toss in your favorite dried fruit such as raisins, dried cranberries or banana chips