In the spirit of sharing, I cannot keep this good news to myself. Please share some good news like this with others and SAVE SOME MONEY!!! -Renee www.thetakebacktour
Whole Foods deals 1. Edensoy soymilk $2.50. Get $1 off coupons that expire 11/30/09 from October issue of Nature's Place magazine at participating Food Lion stores. This is a great way to stock the pantry for winter. These do not need to be refrigerated until opened. 2. Annie Chun's noodle meals $2.19-2.50. Get $1 off coupons that expire Mar 2010 from the October issue of Nature's Place magazine at participating Food Lion stores. 3. Stoneyfield Farms yogurt $0.75 each. Go to stoneyfield.com to print coupons 4. 365 organic coconut milk, canned $1.29 Everyday price. Great for soy-free vegan cooking and baking. 5. Dr. Bronner's peppermint castile soap $8.99 for the big 32 oz size 6. Yummy Earth organic lollipops $4 / bag. Great tasting way to avoid artificial colors or synthetic ingredients. Everyone that tries the ones on my desk are surprised at the great taste of real fruit flavors. These are vegan.
Kroger deals Barbara's Bakery cereals $2.14. Go to coupons.com to print a $1 coupon (2 times max) Nature's Path Envirokidz gluten-free cereals $2.99.
Lowes' Foods deals 1. Cheez-It crackers, buy one get 1 free $3.19 2. Late July organic cheese crackers Buy 1 get 1 free 3. Late July Organic round crackers, Buy 1 get 1 free 4. Morningstar Farms $3.33 each 5. Wacky Mac rotini pasta, $1.49. Go to coupons.com to print the $0.75 off coupon. DOUBLE COUPONS MEANS THIS IS FREE! 6. Sorrento mozarella cheese sticks $5.99 Buy 1 get 1 free. Go to coupons.com to print $1 off coupon (2 times max.) 7. Pillsbury Simply cookie dough $2.50. Go to coupons.com to download a $0.55 coupon. DOUBLE COUPONS means $2.50-1.10 = FINAL price $1.40 8. McCormick spices Buy $5 get $5 in Fresh Rewards. Go to coupons.com to print the $1 off any McCormick spice and SAVE a bundle. Enjoy. Renee
Hello My Friends, Here are 10 awesome new freebies I just found. The first set is internet request freebies. There are also some great samples you call in to receive. Please share these with your church, friends and family that DO NOT have regular internet access so they can enjoy some great freebies too.When you have good information, - share it! “SHARE EVERYTHING” is the first line in the poem by Robert Fulghum, All I Needed to Know I Learned in Kindergarten. There is something here for everyone. Enjoy and SHARE-SHARE-SHARE!! -Renee www.thetakebacktour.com 1. FREE sample Rachel Ray Nurish dog food http://www.rachaelray.com/pets/switch.php
2. FREE sample Hussana Halal body care product. All of Hussana’s range contain no alcohol or animal products and are suitable for both male and female use. This is a UK based company hoping to fill the gap in providing quality halal body care products. http://www.hussana.com/google/free-halal-sample.php
3. FREE sample Astroglide Natural personal lubricant. http://www.astroglide.com/FreeSample-Natural.asp
CALL IN FREEBIES 1. CALL for a FREE sample Hyland's Leg Cramps with Quinine™. It is a traditional homeopathic formula for the relief of symptoms of cramps and pains in lower back and legs often made worse by damp weather. Call 1-866-925-8359 and leave your details for a FREE sample of Hyland's Leg Cramps with Quinine. Please allow 2 weeks for delivery.
2. CALL for a sample of Breathe Right strips. To request a Breathe Right sample, please call 800-950-6208 and they can assist you.
3. CALL for a free sample Veggie Wash. I simply use white organic vinegar in a spray bottle as this is what most contain anyway. If you are interested in trying a commercial brand anyway, here it is. Veggie Wash® is the all-natural way to remove wax, soil and agricultural chemicals from produce. Please call 1-800-453-8311 to request a FREE sample bottle of Veggie Wash. Be sure to leave your name and address. Please allow 2 - 4 weeks for delivery.
4. FREE sample Arm & Hammer Fresh Ins. Fresh-ins are small white pouches packed with the natural power of ARM & HAMMER® baking soda that are emptied into a vacuum bag or dust cup. Email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-800-2302. ENJOY and SHARE-SHARE-SHARE! -Renee www.thetakebacktour.com
No Fake Food Monday Year 3: Monday, October 12, 2009 Hello Friends, I can't believe this is the third October I have been sharing No Fake Food tidbits!!! WOW!! I thought I would share some shopping healthy tidbits to save you time, sickness, heartache and money that I recently have been only verbally sharing with others.
1. DRINKS: If the words "cocktail" or "drink" occur on the label, do not bother reading the ingredients as it will mostly be corn syrup or sugar water. Leave it on the shelf.
2. SNACKS: If the word "snacks" occurs on the front label, it is fake. For example, Brach's, Mott's and Welch's all have all natural fruit snacks made with real fruit juice. The word "snack" means it will contain gelatin (remember from pig slaughterhouse waste animal hides-) or sugar or corn syrup. Even if it is the version without artificial colors, it is still fake and will not be real fruit. Welch's does make a delicious dried fruit product that is very good, packaged in a fun way and my kids and I love it.
3. "MADE WITH..." Beware "Made with Whole Grains" advertising claims on the front of some packages. If you see this claim, and turn it over and the first ingredient is enriched flour bleached or bleached enriched flour, leave it on the shelf. Bleached flour is just that- nutritionally poor flour that has had bleach added to make it appealing to us. Beware "Made With Real Fruit Juice" claims. If you see this claim, don't touch it as it will be only 6-30% fruit juice and 94-70% water and cheap synthetic ingredients.
4. "25% Less..." BEWARE 25% less sugar products as they are frequently laden with artificial sweeteners, preservatives and/or colors, extra sodium or fat to make up for the taste. BEWARE 25% less fat products as they frequently contain extra artificial sweeteners, sugar, preservatives and/or colors, MSG or extra sodium to make up for the taste.
Here are some great new printable coupon sites and a freebie. BEWARE as you search to find the best REAL deals on REAL foods. BEWARE fake products pretending to be food. Exercise your wrist flip maneuver. FLIP over the package and read the ingredients list. Happy shopping. Renee
Southern Savers is a great site for printable coupons and upcoming local grocery deals to help you plan your al mo st free shopping for REAL foods. http://www.southernsavers.com/
Hello Friends, I thought I would share these 8 great freebies related to our kids and healthy eating and education. PLEASE SHARE! Don't keep good news to yourself. Change your world for the better with one simple click. 1. FREE sample issue of Kidz Magazine (children ministry) http://www.kidzmatter.com/engine.cfm?mid=1000&sl=46&id=48
2. FREE sample Dandy-Lyon bites raw food kids snack. Complete form or call 1-888-205-3422 http://dandylyonbites.blogspot.com/
3. Membership and FREE activity book from so Delicious soy dairy free dessert. Join with 2 UPC codes. http://www.farmsanctuarykidzclub.com/Join.html
4. FREE wildlife fun book full of brilliant pictures, things to make and do, fantastic games and loads of info about birds and other wildlife. Find out about amazing wildlife, how to make a wildlife snapper, all about animal tracks, signs and poo and much more! All you have to do is download the form on this page and send it to us. http://www.rspb.org.uk/youth/makeanddo/do/funbook.asp
5. FREE calendar and coupon from Hyland's (homeopathic) http://www.comienzossaludables.com/order-your-free-baby-calendar
6. Get a FREE red dress pin when you join the American Heart Association’s Choose To Move program. http://www.choosetomove.org/register.html
8. Free sample of Soybutter. This is a US and Canada freebie. I know my son is allergic to peanuts but loves soy butter because he gets to be like the other kids. It tastes like peanut butter to me and my husband. Enjoy. http://www.soybutter.com/
Enjoy and Please share with others and TAKE BACK OUR HEALTH! Renee
Hello Friends, I received an email this morning about: Betty Crocker Fruit Flavored snacks are giving away 1,000 Box Tops for Education to 30 lucky schools! See link. (http://www.boxtops4education.com/earn/bonus/OfferDetail.aspx?Id=15) LUCKY? Lucky enough to help promote the consumption of artificially colored sugar junk pumped with a bit of vitamin C. The ad calls it "a smart way to pack your child's lunch and make a difference for their school, too." Yes it is SMART for Betty Crocker's sales, for teachers who want hyper kids in their class (the artificial colors), for the pharmaceutical companies that make ADHD drugs for children, and for parents who like being fooled into believing junk food is good for our kids. Bad Box Tops. Many parents are terrified at the news that young healthy children and teens are dying from the H1N1 flu virus. What came as a revelation to me is that our children are NOT HEALTHY because we are pumping them up with artificial junk food instead of real fruits and vegetables. Even scarier is that this is the lesson about eating and food that they take into young adulthood.
I AM NOT pointing fingers or shaking my head at any parent because just 1.5 years ago, I bought into the convenience and hype and bought and served my children these same fruit flavored snacks thinking "at least he is getting some vitamin C". These companies make it so CHEAP and so easy to buy these things and our kids love us for giving them yummy snacks. The fun stuff kids want is very inexpensive, convenient when you have little time, frequently on sale and come with lots of great coupons to make you feel good about saving so much time and money. But what is CHEAP is the attitude concerning the decrease in our children's REAL health as best seen in the face of an outside challenge to their immune systems like the flu virus. What is NOT convenient is the extra time at the doctor, the extra money on medicine or the aggravation of dealing with our kids hyped up on junk.
The take home message here is serve more real food and avoid the junk food marketing tricks like this that fool you into thinking that you are getting a great deal and helping your child's education. It does not have to happen overnight but you CAN make one change each week until it does happen.
I am passionate about sharing any good news I find to help us all transition to better health and ENJOY IT! Kids will respond positively to the changes. Now when I ask kids and adults what they want as a birthday gift, they ALL say "one of your gift bags filled with healthy snacks".
Here are some links and tips for real foods, snacks and some FREE samples and coupons to make it affordable. Nothing irritates me more than someone telling me I should only eat product X because it is super healthy but not helping me AFFORD it and FIND it! Let me share the ways I use to afford high quality real healthy delicious life-energizing foods your whole family will LOVE! PLEASE SHARE WITH OTHERS. Have a great weekend!Love, Renee
1. $2 off any Rice Select item. I love their AMERICAN Basmati rice. Prices and sizes range from $3.30-5.99. Buy the smaller size and get gourmet AMERICAN rice for a little over $1! I have yet to reach the print limit on this one. http://www.riceselect.com/?id=1
2. Free sample Honey Nut Cheerios. Good Box Tops. http://sample.nonchallenge.com/HNCFY10/Default.aspx
3. $1 off Colgate Total Care toothpaste. Remember the $1 sale at Kroger? Get some FREE toothpaste. http://www.colgate.com/app/ColgateTotal/US/EN/SpecialOffers.cvsp
4. 75¢ off Mom’s Best Naturals products. Find these great tasting, simple, natural no HFCS ingredients AFFORDABLE cereals at Wal-Mart and many Dollar stores. The toasted cinnamon squares have no high fructose corn syrup but taste just like Cinnamon Toast Crunch for only $2.12 at Wal-Mart. Kroger has it on sale for $1.99. Add this coupon for a great deal. Coupon expires Dec 31 2009. http://www.momsbestnaturals.com/special-offers/special-offers.php 5. $1 off Pop Chips. I get these at Target and they are delicious and REAL!!! YES, potato chips are my weakness! Thank you to Kiwi magazine for offering this great coupon. Sign up for Kiwi magazine also for money saving coupons on organic and natural foods and snacks. YUMMY! http://www.popchips.com/kiwi/
Renee Lea-Currie, Ph.D. email@example.com A Bit About Renee Renee is a married mother of 2 with a Ph.D. in Nutrition. Renee currently serves as Director of Cell Biology for Zen-Bio, Inc in Research Triangle Park, NC. Renee is also the Health Ministries Leader for Philadelphia Seventh Day Adventist Church, 629 Cameron St. Burlington, NC and a founding member of the Healthy Alamance Faith BasedInitiative Task Force.