Those off you that know me personally know that there is one vital thing to know about being in the same room with me. You cannot wear your body spray/perfume/cologne, etc. in the same room with me or I will have respiratory distress, watery/red eyes, and my skin will immediately break out in hives or a rash. I cannot tell you the many times I have had to leave a church or other event in order to breathe. [Moderation people, please!] The synthetic, toxic scents placed in nearly every product wreak havoc with my multiple chemical sensitivity. But, I have also found over the past few years that others are also experiencing a loss of nice scent in their lives as their bodies say "ENOUGH!!!"
Well I was shopping in Target's never disappointing natural cosmetic section one day and found a new line of products from Pacifica Perfume. These are all natural, vegan delicious smelling scents including body butters, solid perfume, roll on perfume, body wash and even coconut water face wipes. Renee and scented products usually don't go anywhere near the same zip code but I am IN LOVE with Pacifica’s Indian Coconut Nectar scent. Those of you with whom I have shared the body butter and solid perfume products are also in love as well. All of you looked at me strange when Renee “keep your perfume away so I can breathe Lea-Currie” asked you to smell this new perfume I love. I urge you to check out my referral link below to find out more about Pacifica products.
When you order online you get a free gift or free shipping of great $2 samples of their wonderful solid perfumes to try. Even though I am not fond of some of the more floral scents, I can still be in the same room and not have an asthma attack!
For those who want to experience it for yourself firsthand before you buy, here is where I found products in my area of central North Carolina.
- Target sells the coconut water wipes, roll-on perfume, travel sets, gift sets, body butters, and lip products.
- Whole Foods sells the body wash, spray perfume and solid perfume.
Enjoy and share the good news!
Here are some recent fun freebies and coupon deals. Enjoy and share.
1. Have a relative or friend who wants to try a stevia sweetened natural soda to help control weight of diabetes? Well Harris Teeter has Zevia brand sodas on sale 3/$10 with your VIC card. Print the $1.50 off each 6 pack coupon from the link below for even more savings. $3.33-$1.50= Final price $1.83. The regular price is $5.99-6.99 depending on the store. Stock up for your Memorial Day celebrations and avoid fake sodas with questionable ingredients.
2. Printable coupon for $1 off ClifKid ZFruit Ropes. These are organic and made with fruit puree. A great alternative to “fruit snacks” as kid party bag giveaways.
3. Mambo Sprouts printable coupons
-$0.75 off any Nasoya product. Dazzle with your favorite tofu recipe or make your own homemade egg rolls or spring rolls.
-$1 off any Barbara’s Bakery gluten free items. I must admit, I love their animal shaped Snackimals cookies for a special treat. If asked to bring snacks for your kid’s school that won’t
embarrass them but also provide a tasty product with simple ingredients, this is a good choice. There
are also a variety of cereals and fig bars to try as well.
4. FREE sample of olive oil.
Here are 6 healthy and environmentally friendly deals found this week at Walgreens May 5-11 2013. Enjoy and share the deal of good health with others.
- GoGo Squeeze applesauce $2 per pack (4 pouches per pack) Lunchbox and travel friendly! If your non-profit participates in the GoGo Squeeze Terracycle brigade, you can save these to earn money for your school or church.
Go to the FaceBook page to print a $0.50 off coupon for any 4 or 12 pack. Final price $1.50. WOW!
- Amy’s organic canned vegetarian soups, $1.99 per can ( Buy 3 and get 1,000 Balance Rewards points)NOTE: Some of the soups are vegan. Great backup lunch when you oversleep or forget to pack a lunch. Add the GoGo Squeeze applesauce and you are set! :-)
- Odwalla smoothies, $2
- Ology liquid castile soap, 32 oz $9.99 ( NOTE: Dr Bronner’s brand is $17.99) Use for cleaning, shampoo, body wash, shave soap, etc. See the brochures section for more recipes using liquid castile soap
- Ology 1,000 sheet single ply individual toilet paper roll buy 1 get 1 50% off. $0.99 + $0.50= $1.49 for 2 single rolls. I am VERY finicky about the quality of my toilet paper and this brand is soft. It is environmentally friendly and made from bamboo husks and without chlorine bleach to whiten.
- $3 off coupon NeilMed saline products [this can be used at any store that sells the products; availability listed on coupon] A great natural way to treat sinus and allergy issues.
Hello Friends,Here are some new freebies for you.Renee FREE sample Ruffies trash bags http://freesamplerequest.com/RuffiesBrands/ FREE links to brochures about eye care and diabetes or aging and eye safety during sports. Both English and Spanish versions are available. Some are printable pdf and some are FREE brochures and tool kits you can request for free. http://catalog.nei.nih.gov/c-39-by-title.aspx 100% rebate at Rite-Aid for NeilMed Hypertonic saline sinus packets good for use in the neti pot, SinuRinse or Sinugator products. Offer expires: April 20, 2013. Rebate valid for purchases made at RITE AID stores between 4/6/2013 and 4/20/2013. All stores may not carry all items. Packaging may vary. Offer not valid on other NeilMed products. See link for details http://www.neilmed.com/usa/offer_p1873.php
Walgreens photo deal of the day is for 25 FREE prints today 4-4-13 (also my Aunt Delois's birthday)
or go to walgreens.com and click on the photo deal of the day link in the middle right of the page
GNC stores have a great sale on NOW brand essential oils and carrier oils buy 1 get 1 50% off. Enjoy this great deal on 100% pure essential oils such as peppermint, clove, tea tree and 100% pure carrier oils such as jojoba, avocado, almond through April 2013. I snagged 2 bottles of avocado oil for only $11! http://www.gnc.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId GNC also has the large 32 oz. bottle of Dr Bronner's liquid castile soaps on sale for only $12.99! http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2133862 What a great way to avoid petroleum based moisturizers and lotions with synthetic preservatives and scents and try REAL oils and natural (vegan) soap to cure your acne, dry hair or skin problems and keep your house clean, bug-free and asthma friendly. Check out my list of favorite Recipes from the Beauty Secrets of the Bible Workshops found in the brochures section at www.thetakebacktour.com Share and enjoy. Renee www.thetakebacktour.com
My dear daughter has shared her cold with my husband and I just before Christmas. We get better, then the kids go back to school and it starts all over again. Since my husband and I are tired of being ill (why do kids cough in your face when your mouth is open), I have been searching for simple, effective, inexpensive, scientifically-sound ways to boost our immune system. See below for the ones I have been enjoying to keep me going. PLEASE share these 7 tips and deals with others. You are so awesome, kind and loving. Keep it up.
1. Get enough rest. This is difficult when your young child is coughing, feverish or feeling whiny all night, but do the best you can. Don't over schedule your day and cut back on activities until everyone can get some rest. I know – I know it is easier said than done but stress will only weaken your immune system and make it take longer for you to recover.
2. HYGIENE UP PLEASE! Wash your hands. Keep them moisturized. I always tell my kids “Your skin is your shield. Protect your shield!" Wash hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. When at home, stick to natural soaps which are not as drying or take a small trial bottle of Dr Bronner’s castile soap with you. Use hand sanitizer where available. If you are sensitive to commercial hand sanitizers, there are others at natural food stores such as Whole Foods. An inexpensive alternative is to keep a small spray bottle of vinegar and water (2:1) especially just before eating. AVOID TOUCHING YOUR FACE throughout the day.
3. Boost your vitamin D levels. Sunlight is a great source. Take a lunchtime walk in the sunshine to get some exercise and vitamin D: both have been shown to improve immune system function. An alternative it to try fish oil supplements. When taking the pill version check to confirm the gelatin source for the capsules is not porcine (made from pig skin) in origin. See coupon deal below.
4. Eat healthy foods designed by our Creator to improve your immune system. See below for some deals I have recently observed to help you afford it.
4a. Harris Teeter deals
-Organix Cough & Sore Throat drops honey lemon is on sale for $1.69 with VIC card
- Pictsweet family size frozen vegetables, Buy 1 GET 1 FREE. That is just $3.99 for 2 bags. Cook or steam then add garlic and olive oil for delicious quick dinner. Prices good until 1/29/13
-Nasoya tofu only $2.19 regular price. Sprouted versions are available as well. Use the $0.75 off printable FaceBook coupon visit: www.facebook.com/Nasoya
4b. Aldi deals
Aldi’s Simply Organic line of food seems to be expanding and staying in stock. In addition to their great selection of fresh produce, imported real olive oil in glass bottles, dried fruits and nuts, organic soymilk, probiotic smoothie drinks, hummus etc., eating well is even more affordable. In the Burlington, NC store I have observed organic pasta ($1.29), diced can tomatoes, apple juice, yogurt, apple juice juice boxes.
4c. Buy 1 Get 1 FREE Sundown Naturals vitamins and supplements (including fish oil, flax seed oil, tea tree oil and vitamin E oil) at Lowes Foods and CVS. Go the Sundown Naturals website to download a $1 off coupon for even more savings. https://www.sundownnaturals.com/pages/free_coupon.aspx
5. Make a simple herbal tea with ingredients found in the spice section of many stores including discount and dollar stores. I was surprised at how much better I felt after drinking some thyme tea.
Thyme or Oregano Tea
1. Add 1 TSP dried thyme or oregano to 1 cup hot water. Add the dried herb to a tea infuser or strain using a small mesh strainer or clean cotton cloth.
2. Let steep for 10 minutes.
3. Sweeten if needed using raw honey, organic agave nectar or stevia. 6. Take Elderberry extract. Elderberry has long since been used as a way to stimulate the immune system to combat colds and the flu.
6a. I saw some zinc/elderberry lozenges to try at a local co-op. I bought the Quantum Health brand Zinc Elderberry-Raspberry lozenges for $2.49 per roll of 12. These things are so good they remind me of a Sweet Tart in taste and texture. Find at amazon.com, your local co-op, Whole Foods, or EarthFare store.
6b. Take Sambucol liquid elderberry supplements. Find Sambucol for adults and kids online or at your local pharmacy, Wal-Mart, Target and many grocery stores. See below for the response from Sambucol about my inquiry into scientific articles relating the effectiveness of elderberry extract in combating viruses such as influenza. I would like to remind you that elderberry is not recommended for use during pregnancy. Elderberry can be poisonous if not properly harvested and extracted so leave the process to those with this knowledge. Elderberry extract can stimulate the immune system. If you are taking any immunosuppressants, PLEASE consult with your physician BEFORE taking elderberry extracts. Although the company states no known prescription or OTC interactions with elderberry, logic and science dictate immune stimulators and immunosupressors should not be taken at the same time. It is always good to inform your physician and pharmacist when you take any new supplement BEFORE you take it so that together the best informed decision can be made about your health.
Hello Dr. Lea-Currie, thanks for writing,
In reviewing the scientific literature on our product as well as other elderberry studies, there are no known contra-indications for black elderberry with any prescription or OTC medication.
Here are some links to articles for your review:
Unfortunately due to the extreme demand for our products this season we do not have any samples or coupons available at this time.
Please let us know if we may be of further service in this regard.
7. Pray. Spend at least 5 minutes each day in quite time with God. Do this even if you have to do it in the bathroom (sometimes that seems like the only place to get alone for 5 whole minutes). Send encouraging notes to friends, colleagues and family via snail mail, email, text, Facebook etc. This will keep the positive influences going strong in your life and kick down the negative feelings, stress and worry.
"Many times when we are sick, we pray to God for healing.
Sometimes, the miracle of healing is the miracle of our obedience."
- Renee Lea-Currie, Ph.D., www.thetakebacktour.com
1. Great news for those of us that don’t live in large cities or have limited access to natural products. GNC stores now sell a great variety of NOW brand essential oils and natural carrier oils.
http://www.gnc.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=11929897 Check out your local GNC store also to purchase Dr Bronner’s liquid castile soaps (
liquid and bar) for a decent price. They also have a great selection of vegan and raw food calories-on-the go bars. A new GNC store just opened in Mebane, NC (in the Wal-mart shopping center next to Cato). I urge you to check out your local GNC store to find access to these natural products for the health of you and your family.
2. FREE 1-day game rental at RedBox. Text GAMEKIDS to 727272 on your cell phone. Limit 1 rental per person. Keep in mind, this is only valid for a 1-day rental,
and additional game charges will apply if you keep the game longer than 1-day.
3. FREE breakfast entrée with reservation for the following areas in January.
Washington DC & Central Virginia
See the link below to sign up for your free breakfast. For my vegan friends, Chik-fil-A has a great NON-INSTANT pot cooked oatmeal with fruit and nuts that would be a great breakfast option. http://www.chick-fil-aforbreakfast.com/ Chick-fil-A Multigrain oatmeal ingredients list.
Enjoy and share.