Whole Foods Prices good until 2/28/12
1. Nasoya tofu is on sale $2.29. Use the $1.25 any Nasoya product coupon in the Jan/Feb 2012 Whole Foods circular. Final price $ 1.04 each.
2. Blue Diamond Almond Milk, shelf stable box, $1.69-1.99 each. Use the $1 off any 2 Blue Diamond products coupon in the Whole Foods circular Final price : $1.19-1.50 each when you buy 2
3. Yves brand vegan “bologna”,” turkey” and “ham slices” are on sale for only $2.39 each. Great non-GMO soy product for the vegan/vegetarian sandwich lunch.
When is red NOT the color of love?
Answer: When red#40 and other fake colors are in the ingredients.
Here are some kid friendly, last minute affordable Valentine treats to try this year. Try any of these to give an affordable treat without artificial colors to contribute to behavior problems in school. The teachers will appreciate your efforts too. This would also be a great time to try the NFF Love Challenge (NFF=No Fake Food). If you tried before and did not continue, don't despair as you can try again. Just try 3 days without giving your kids ( or yourself) products that contain fake colors or fake sweeteners. Then observe how they behave, how you feel, how well you sleep and how much easier it is to control your junk food intake. What a great way to show love to yourself, your family and their classmates and teachers.
1. Yummy Earth organic lollipops [gluten free, vegan] are the best tasting, guilt free lollipops you will ever taste. No fake colors and not too sweet. Even those that hate healthy foods will love these. Available at Whole Foods, co-ops, amazon.com and Le Gourmet Chef store at Tanger Outlets ( I confirmed stock in the Mebane NC store).Here is a Valentine riddle.
2. Florida Naturals fruit nuggets [gluten free, vegan]
Available at Dollar Tree ( 6 pack/$1), Big Lots ( 10 pack/$1.50), Walmart and Target ($2.28/10 pack or $4/24 pack). Some Super Target stores also sell an organic version that is super yummy.
3. Goldfish crackers Valentine packs
No artificial colors to worry about here. Available at Walmart and Target
4. Clif Kid Zbars, Fruit Flats, or Fruit Twists ($3-3.50/6-8 pack) Also sold at Lowes Foods, Harris Teeter and Kroger, but the best prices are found at Walmart and Target stores where the everyday price is around $3.18
5. Ocean Spray All Natural Fruit Snacks are not a serving of fruit but are candy. At least they have no fake colors or no fake sugars and no gelatin. It does contain regular corn syrup. $2-2.50/ 6 pack at Walmart and Food Lion ( on sale this week). Walmart has is for $2 with a $1 off coupon attached to the front.
6. Nature's Path Envirokidz crispie rice bars ( gluten free, some varieties contain peanut butter) $3-3.50 at Walmart, Kroger, Harris Teeter
7. Snyder's of Hanover pretzels mini bags 8 pack/ $1 at Dollar Tree and Dollar General
8. RW Knudsen's Recharge sports drink packets $2/8 pack at Big Lots or $4/8 packs at Kroger or Whole Foods. These are delicious and sweetened with stevia so they are a great choice for the diabetic.
9. GoGo Squeeze applesauce pouches. No added anything but delicious 100% fruit. $2.28/4 pack or $6.97/12 pack at Walmart and Target stores. Harris Teeter also sells these great tasting applesauce varieties. These are great for groups of young toddlers but I LOVE them too!
10. Jif to Go peanut butter $1 per 3 pack at Dollar Tree
11. Crystal Light Pure Fitness natural drink mix, tropical $1/ pk of 8 at Dollar Tree; $2-3 at Walmart, Target, Food Lion, and other grocery stores (DIABETIC FRIENDLY-low carb)
12. Kashi TLC cereal bars ~$3/pk of 8 at Walmart & Target. $4-4.50/8 pack at Lowes' Foods, Harris Teeter